|SEVIS Fee||Department of State Fee||$220.00|
|Up To 18 Months||Trainee Program Fee||$2,450.00|
|Up To 12 Months||Intern or Trainee Program Fee||$1,950.00|
|Up To 6 Months||Intern or Trainee Program Fee||$1,450.00|
|Up To 3 Months||Intern or Trainee Program Fee||$950.00|
|J-2 Visa Program Fee|
|J-2 Dependent Program Fee||This is the application fee for insurance of the DS-2019 Form for the dependent of J-1 visa applicant.||$500.00|
|Additional J-2 Program Fee||$200.00|
|Additional Fees + Services (these may be required)|
|New Host Company Site Visit Fee||$300.00|
|J-1 Visa Program Extension Fees||up to 3 additional months||$550.00|
|Please contact with GIP at least 30 day||3 to 6 additional months||$650.00|
|prior to the original program end date.||over 6 additional months||$850.00|
|Host Company Transfer Fee||$350.00|
|Expedited Fees + Services (if applicable)|
|Expedited J-1 Visa Processing Fee||Fifteen business days processing or complete applications||$1,500.00|
|Expedited Host Company Validation Cost||This fee applies to any new company that requests the required site visit to take place within five business days of application submission.||$1,350.00|
|Expedited J-2 Visa Extension Processing Fee||Please contact with GIP at least 30 day prior to the original program end date.||$250.00|
|Medical and Health Insurance Cost|
|Insurance provided by TaiAn Insurance||Approx. Monthly Fee||$50.10|
|J-2 Health Insurance (family)||by month||$50.10|
To give you some guidance on allocating your money during your time in the U.S., please review the estimated standard expenses for a single person during a typical program in the United States. These estimates will help you to budget accordingly.
- Initial Expenses: Average transportation cost from the airport to your host city and 3 days of stay in a hotel: $350.00.
- Housing: $500 to $1,200 per month. Housing in an urban area can be very expensive, but safe, lower-cost options are always available. Plan to stay temporarily in a hotel so you can conduct your housing search in person. You can use an online service to find a roommate. Most landlords will require a security deposit equal to one month’s rent plus the first month’s rent when you sign a lease.
- Utilities, including gas, electric, phone and internet: $150.00 per month.
- Food: $250.00 to $350 per month or more, depending on how often you cook at home or dine out.
- Transportation: $50 to $500 per month, depending on whether you use mass transit, or drive a car. Please note that you will also need car insurance if purchasing a car, which will add to your monthly cost.
- Personal Care Products: $25.00 per month
- Miscellaneous/Entertainment: $100 to $1,000 throughout your program.
Please refer the link below to calculate your estimated living expenses:
All J-1 Participants have a 30-day travel status period following the completion of their program. The grace period allows participants to travel domestically and/or to prepare for and depart from the United States. J-1 Participants are responsible for their own spending money during this time. Please note employment is prohibited during this grace period. However, J-1 Participants will be able to spend some of the money they earned during this time, if they wish. Each J-1 visa program is different, but most J-1 Participants will receive at least one check at the end of the program.