There are many things you need to consider before your departure to the United States. You can refer to this list to make sure you have the most essential documents and things ready.
Your arrival to the U.S. must be within 30 days of your start date. Note that you cannot enter the U.S. with your J-1 visa more than 30 days prior to your start date as indicated on your DS-2019.
- An Original and Signed Form DS-2019: Gravity International Programs Inc. will issue you a from DS-2019 to enter the U.S.
- Valid Passport: it is very important that you use your name exactly as it appears in your passport for all U.S. document.
- Signed Training/Internship Placement Plan (Form 7002)
- Visa Stamp in your passport (with the exception of Canadian Citizens).
- Health Insurance: it is mandatory for all J-1 visitors and their accompanying J-1 dependents to have health insurance coverage.
- Funds in U.S. dollars to cover costs of your initial expenses.
- Housing arrangements or short term housing reservation.
- Check the weather of your destination and pack season appropriate clothes as weather can vary significantly in the U.S.
- Review and read our pre-arrival presentation and participants handbook to make sure you are knowledgeable and familiar with your program and all rules and regulations to adhere to.
You might want to save and /or print this list and have it handy for your convenience!